Followers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Polyphasic Sleep Experiment (day 3)




Alright... last night, could have gone a lot better than it did. As far as I know, I woke up after my first nap, decided there was something funky going on, and went back to sleep until my alarm to wake me after my second nap brought me around at six thirty. Just in time for work. It was very perturbing to have to shuffle off with only a couple of hours of sleep under my belt, however simply because of having little sleep the night before, the nap I took on my break was greatly facilitated. I find the hardest part of this experiment is getting to sleep at the appropriate times. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, even in the most comfortable of places, so I'm not sure if I'll always be able to fall asleep properly where ever I may be at the given time of a nap.

Today at work something struck me as a little peculiar. It was Marilyn, my manager and expert scheduler. She personally named, dated and signed christmas cards for each other front end employees. I was touched when I got mine. She didn't have to do this for us at all, as the company accounted a christmas bonus with our last pay before ''santa comes''. I liked it, as a personal touch. She also said Merry Christmas to each of us as she handed us the christmas card, yet another kind notion. I think I like it where I work because it seems a little like home each time I'm there. Perhaps that is just the aura sobeys is designed to have, I'm not sure, however it seems like my home regardless.

Upon returning from work, I took a nap at two, and spent the gist of the rest of my day to this point doing nothing. Productively doing nothing of course. I believe Twinkee, Quinn and myself will probably end up doing something again tonight. I pray it's nothing like seven pounds again. I did not mind the movie too badly, however I could've done without the new Will Smoof flop. Wish me luck in my endeavors of polyphasic sleep.

I'm going to go decorate a tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know I featured you on my blog.

http://polyphasic.dyndns.org

Happy napping!

 
type='text/javascript'/>