Followers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Me and My Star

You've gotta watch the trends in a sad song closely or you're never gonna pick up on the emotion at the right time. I was playing something melancholy just tonight, watching the few people in the crowd and I kinda hoped to bring them to tears. It was a horrible horrible wish, but I wanted the message to get out to them, to know I'd touched them so deeply that they could cry. One of their father's had died.

And he wondered/when his/father will return/but he's not coming back...

There was a girl in the crowd who I knew had lost her father and I was singing about a boy who had a likewise experience. She didn't cry, I was happy, I was disappointed. That was about it, the range of emotions I felt at the moment. It wasn't exactly the craziest of things to happen, nor am I going to write at extreme length about it.

Something peculiar happened to me today, I wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

 
type='text/javascript'/>